How to ask for a compelling client testimony? Often times, consultants and coaches either never ask for a testimony or they ask for the testimony incorrectly. Here are some tips for getting a compelling client testimony which will increase your new client acquisition with the least amount of sweat equity.
A) A testimony is not mandatory….They can decline..and it’s okay if they do
B) A testimony is a favor to you…
C) A testimony is only important to you… It takes time away for your client
Here are 3 core principles you’ll need to keep in mind:
1) Don’t just ask for a testimony, give guidance… this will also prevent delays in receiving the testimony
2) Get the testimony via Video AND in Writing
a) 85% of consumers will read up to 10 reviews before buying
b) Videos on landing pages and main pages of website increase conversions by 86%
3) When asking for the testimony list questions to generate an actual endorsement…
1) Why did you choose to purchase our product or retain our service?
2) How has our service or product improved your business? (*Ask for specifics metrics.. % / # )
3) What frustration or challenge has our service or product alleviated?
4) What do you enjoy most about working with us?
5) What would you say to a fellow business associate who may be on the fence about purchasing the product or retaining this service?
I hope this adds value to your business and you will receive more compelling testimonies.
Chief Branding Strategist
Natasha E. Davis